Monday, June 21, 2010

CALI-fied

I am obsessed with California right now! If I could, I would move there, I envy those who do (Dee...well not so much you, you're 5 hrs from the beach, but closer than I).  Seriously though, I've never even been there! So why the obsession?

Living in the Midwest all my life, one can get bored of the erratic weather cycles.  I love the ocean and right now I wouldn't go near the Atlantic (...can anyone say BP)?  So the next best thing is the Pacific coast...yeah!

A dream of mine would be, to be the nail-tech-to-the-stars or be an educator for one of the top two nail manufacturers, whose headquarters are in, can u guess? ... Hollywood, CA!

Specifically though, Hollywood is NOT the zip code in Cali I prefer..it's more like 92130...or San Diego.  I'm dreamin about getting a little 2 bedroom cottage on the beach, you know the ones that cost like $850,000 but only have about 900 sqft.  Start my own nail biz...Oceanside Nails...that's right, literally on the beach, hookin up dem nails!

Who thinks I can make 2 G's a week doing nails on the beach?  Hey, lets get technical and break this down:

2000 divided by 32 (avg cost of nail service) = 62.5

That means I need to perform at least 62, err lets round it off to 63, nail services per week or 13 per day to make goal...do you think it's possible?

That's alot of nails per day...I think I'll stick to what I'm doin here in da Chi and make it a goal to own a beachside cottage and label myself  a "snowbird" and live in Cali P/T...have the best of both worlds...just sayin ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment